Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Poetry

It's National Poetry Month.

I'll post one of my own poems every Tuesday to observe the month. I'll add a poem of a famous poet or a yet unknown poet to every post. But only if it supports the message of the post.

To me, poetry is a free flowing means of sharing thought. There’s sonnets, free verse, epics, ballads, couplets, haiku, limericks, odes, quatrains, and so much more. I love that you can choose your art form. It allows the poet to show different sides of their artistry.

And poems, like books, can be interpreted differently. The reader has some guidelines and suggestions based on the words written. But the reader brings their own experiences and understandings to the poem.

I love that there is a month dedicated to this beautiful literary genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment