Saturday, September 7, 2019

Monster


T’was a monster only my sword could slay, none others it respected.

Maybe the monster mustn’t be slayed but instead simply tamed.
Maybe the monster is to be controlled not just destroyed.

T’was a monster only I can tame.
T’was a monster only my cage can hold.
I am but a persistent and brave monster tamer.
I am but a dedicated scholar of the monster that no longer surprises me.

A monster roams inside assigned to me because I alone can handle it.
A monster roams inside assigned to me because I speak its language.

I simply spoke to the monster.
It quieted when it understood I wouldn’t accept any other way.
It hushed when it understood I would not tolerate a rampage.

The monster finally silenced when it understood I would keep fighting.
And somehow the stillness was worse than the rage.

No comments:

Post a Comment