Monday, September 30, 2019

Almost

2 songs in one post.
Almost love by Jessica Jarrel
I discovered this song about 6 months into an intense friendship. It was perfect because I, too, was Almost (in) Love. Race home, open the door, run upstairs, Throw my bag on the floor, log on, two seconds later, I get a message from you saying 'hey baby' Been going crazy thinking bout you all day, So much to tell you, boy I feel the same way,
All-day, I would be sneaking small moments to update him. On what? I don’t even know now. Can't wait to see you, just you And I cause every night I've been thinking what it would be like. I get a rush, More than a crush,
Almost love, Makes me feel high, Every time I think about us. Even though we talk every day I still can't get enough, I'm out of pulse, getting kinda close, almost love. It was more than a crush, right? Singing in the shower, talking without filters, being considerate of each other. It’s almost love. I'm 5'6 your 5'10, 14, 15, talk twenty four-seven, 34, 24, 36, talk twenty four seven, For-ever, l-o-l, you and I, talk twenty four-seven, G-2-g, x-o-x-o, uh, uh, uh, twenty four seven 3-2-3-2-1-5-12-7-8, 24/7 Give you my number, You call, we were both nervous, Said nothing at all, I was breathless, you were speechless, Said it good to finally hear your voice, Started talking, kinda random, Said you were a shy boy, for such a fly boy, You said it's you that makes me feel that way, I'm like sometimes even I don't know what to say I remember the feeling of phone calls. Not knowing if we’d ever hang up. Knowing we were talking about nothing and anything. I hate phone calls but not with you. I get a rush, more than a crush, almost love, Makes me feel high, Every time I think about us. Even though we talk every day I still can't get enough, I'm not opposed, Getting kinda close, almost love. I'm 5'6 your 5'10, 14, 15, talk twenty four-seven, 34, 24, 36, talk twenty four -seven, For-ever, l-o-l, you and I, talk twenty four-seven, G-2-g, x-o-x-o, uh, uh, uh, twenty four-seven 3-2-3-2-1-5-12-7-8, 24/7 Honestly has nothing to do with him anymore. Just a really great fun song. Like it’s made for an eternally 13, 14-year-old young woman. Also have they never met, because weird! How I wish you were here now, How I, how I, how I, how I wish you were here, How I wish you were here now, b-b-b-boy, b-b-b-boy, Boy, boy, boy how I wish you were here now, Boy, boy, boy, wish you were here now. I get a rush, More than a crush, almost love, Makes me feel high, every time I think about us. Even though we talk every day I still can't get enough, I'm not opposed, getting kinda close, almost love. I'm 5'6 your 5'10, 14, 15, talk twenty four - seven, 34, 24, 36, talk twenty four-seven, For-ever, l-o-l, you and I, talk twenty four-seven, G-2-g, x-o-x-o uh, uh, uh, twenty four-seven. 3-2-3-2-1-5-12-7-8, 24/7


----- -----

Almost by Tamia Can you tell me, how can one miss what she's never had? How could I reminisce when there is not past? How could I have memories of being happy with you, boy? Can someone tell me how can this be? Is there anyone who can answer this? Reminiscing when there’s little history should be real short. Instead, I can get lost in it. How could my mind pull up incidents Recall dates and times that never happened? Because I put stock in moments that just existed for you. You didn’t notice them yet they are imprinted on my heart. How could we celebrate love that's too late And how could I really mean the words I'm about to say? I miss the times that we almost shared I miss the love that was almost there I miss the times that we used to kiss At least in my dreams just let me take my time and reminisce I miss the times that we never had What happen to us, we were almost there Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades? No, almost counts in matters of love too. Who ever said it's impossible to miss What you never had, never almost had you Were we almost there? Or was I there alone? If your interest even half matched mine, it wouldn’t be an almost. I cannot believe I let you go or what I should say is I should have grabbed you up and never let you go I should have went out with you, I should have made you my boo, boy Yeah, that is one time I should have broke the rules Last time I played by the rules. I answered the questions honestly and stuck to societal plans. I didn’t try because I didn’t want to be hurt. This time was bigger. I did break the rules. And I was shown why the rules are in place. Now it’s too late for either time. The rest of the song is just Tamia’s perfect voice and those low notes from the featured artist. Should have went on the date, should have found a way to escape Should have turned almost into if it happen, now it's too late How could I celebrate a love that wasn't real? And if it didn't happen, why does my heart feel? I miss the times that we almost shared I miss the love that was almost there I miss the times that we used to kiss At least in my dreams just let me take my time and reminisce I miss the times that we never had What happen to us, we were almost there Who ever said it's impossible to miss What you never had, never almost had you You seem to be the perfect one for me You, you're all I ever wanted You're my everything, yes it's true Boy, it's hard to be close to you My love, boy, it may sound crazy But I'm in love with you I miss the times that we almost shared I miss the love that was almost there I miss the times that we used to kiss At least in my dreams just let me take my time and reminisce I miss the times that we never had What happen to us, we were almost there Who ever said it's impossible to miss What you never had, never almost had you I miss the times that we almost shared I miss the love that was almost there I miss the times that we used to kiss At least in my dreams just let me take my time and reminisce I miss the times that we never had What happen to us, we were almost there Who ever said it's impossible to miss What you never had, never almost had you, baby

No comments:

Post a Comment