Sunday, May 10, 2015

Knight in Shining Armor

Here you are, all built and strong
Wearing armor, some would say you're the one
My life is broken, shattered pieces on the floor
You're a knight, I'm just a damsel in distress

You've offered your hand, from your white horse
They say to take it, it's the only course
Why is that the only way, the only light
I can't stand, nothing will be fixed without your hand

Everyone knows the fairytales, we've heard of the strife
There's a girl trapped in a wretched life
And then along comes a man to change it all
Out of pain, the woman smiles and they ride off

Is that the story I want told
My life summed up in the words of old
Or can I stand without your hand
I'll stop being a damsel but you'll still be my knight

So I know it's not Poem Tuesday but this is something I've been musing about. Why do girls always need a guy to safe them? Why do guys have a hero complex? It's nice in the comics, movies, and books. But in real life you need to save yourself. Then you'll be ready to have someone stand by your side. I've always worried that if I fell in love with the guy who saved me, I'd be getting my feelings mixed up. I want to be good on my own and better with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment