Thursday, November 13, 2014

Put Others First

I believe in putting other people first. If everyone lived thinking of other people the world would be much better.

However, I wonder if there's a point that's too far. If people have to remind you to think of yourself is that really selflessness? Or is it a condition that needs to be addressed?

I don’t know. I just don’t feel comfortable being called selfless when thoughts of myself don't enter my head. Or on the off chance they do, I push them down because they are unimportant.

I need to learn how to care for others while caring about myself. I receive the love and attention I feel I deserve. I may need to raise the bar.

23,022 words! I'm still behind in terms of my own goal but I might have to give that up. This story shouldn't be 60,000 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment